What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maturation period of nepenthes edwardsiana

• Thread starter VPD
  • Start date
I spent a lot of money purchasing nepenthes edwardsiana cuttings and growing them. How long does it take for a plant to mature into a flowering plant?20231226_200946.jpg

It's very hard to say because there are so few mature edwardsiana in cultivation with owners willing to cut them down for cuttings. There just isn't a lot of information of how quickly they should establish from cuttings. Where did you source your's from? Cuttings from wild plants simply are not sustainable and your wording implys you have multiple, which would be even more remarkable.

It's very hard to say because there are so few mature edwardsiana in cultivation with owners willing to cut them down for cuttings. There just isn't a lot of information of how quickly they should establish from cuttings. Where did you source your's from? Cuttings from wild plants simply are not sustainable and your wording implys you have multiple, which would be even more remarkable.
thank you. I bought this plant from someone else in Korea. I bought several, but all of them died except that one. They say this is the mother body

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231227_161626_NAVER.jpg
    Screenshot_20231227_161626_NAVER.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 10
It could take upwards of a decade or more for a Nepenthes to reach flowering maturity, from seed. My eldest seed-grown plant flowered at ten years.

That said, it could easily take five to seven years for an ultra-highland cutting to the same, since they are generally slow-growing . . .

Nepenthes edwardsiana (Tambuyukon): 2023 male flower

Attachments

• IMG_3267.jpeg
    IMG_3267.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3285.jpeg
    IMG_3285.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3281.jpeg
    IMG_3281.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3406.jpeg
    IMG_3406.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3405-1.jpeg
    IMG_3405-1.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
It could take a decade or more for a Nepenthes to reach flowering maturity, from seed.

That said, it could easily take five to seven years for a ultra-highland cutting to the same, since they are generally slow-growing . . .

Nepenthes edwardsiana (Tambuyukon): 2023 male flower
Congrats! What's (was?) your plan for that pollen?

Congrats! What's (was?) your plan for that pollen?

Thanks.

The flower was from last January and had been distributed among growers just before Spring. It has yet to send up another . . .

Mine has got a long time to go before it's anywhere near that stage. Very jealous
PXL_20231228_230925296.jpg

Back