What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Last edited by a moderator:
ITs all beautiful! MAn I love picture threads.

Lookin good mato! How long did it take to tell that that was an x kinabaluensis?

All look mighty fine, especially the rajah's

Thanks, guys. @tje25 I'm actually not sure that it is. It appears to be, but it's somewhat impossible to tell at this size. These seedlings were distributed as, and the seed presumably collected from, N. villosa, but have the obvious sub-peltate tendril attachment of N. rajah.

Last edited:
I'll be watching with interest on that potential x kinabaluensis! I am also very impressed with the little N. rajahs. Cool. :cool:

amazing as usual Mat. You should change it up and show us some ugly plants ;)

Looking real good, I can't possibly choose a fav.

Everything is looking freaking amazing Mato. Damn!! very nice.

I visited The Bovees Nursery this weekend, which is home to arguably the second largest collection of Vireya Rhododendrons in the world. More often than not, if there are Nepenthes growing in an area, Vireyas will be nearby. OregonCP was also there, and since he did a much better job of labeling his photos, I'll leave it to him to post those if he feels like it.

Here are a few species that were in bloom:

Rhododendron wrightianum by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

Rhododendron rarum by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

Rhododendron stenophyllum ssp. stenophyllum by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr ( This subspecies is endemic to Kinabalu)

Rhododendron himantodes var. himantodes by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

And a few plants in my tent

Rhododendron perakense by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. tenuis by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. veitchii by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. veitchii by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. burbidgeae and N. rajah by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

Man, its uncanny how much that young N. rajah looks like a giant N. argentii.

The color on the burbidgeae is just great!

oh my lord i love your plants. especially the vetichii it looks really snuggly and huggable

Ah, forgot to take a photo of the argentii. I was going to do that after your last comment, Dex.

Stunning as usuall! Good growing!

Thats the tubbiest veitchii ive ever seen. how cool

ERMERGAWD, SO TUBBY! :spazz:

Beautiful plants! I love the Rhododendrons. Did you get anything at Bovees?

Beautiful plants! I love the Rhododendrons. Did you get anything at Bovees?

I picked up a PNG species, R. armitii, which can can be seen here http://www.vireya.net/gallery-spA.htm. They currently have quite a lot of species listed on their website that are somewhat difficult to find, so I placed an order when I got home (I recommend checking out the website). Those should be ready in the Spring.

Back