What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MASSIVE 15" mantid!

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Look what came in the mail today:

mantidpuppet1.jpg

mantidpuppet2.jpg

mantidpuppet3.jpg

:jester:

LOL! I like it!!

haha!

You should give us a photo tour of your apartment. I could only imagine what it looks like with all the awesome stuff you have.

Yes, I would also like a photo tour, would definitely be interesting seeing all them neat plants and bugs!

This was kind of a splurge, I've been getting rid of the bulk of all my collected stuff, selling most of it on ebay and the half price bookshop. But it's still fun to buy collectibles too. Mostly I've been using the proceeds from my collectibles sales to fund my new vivariums - so it's one hobby or the other! LOL

I saw this puppet a few years ago on ebay and it was a really expensive auction I didn't even bid into but I happened upon it again as a buy it now for only like $15 so I had to grab it. It's made by Folkmanis Inc. no date on it and I think it was stored with mothballs or maybe just near the clothes of a smoker cos it kinda smells weird if you sniff it. I'm keeping it on the patio for now to air out. I want to stuff the body and arms with pillow fluff from the craft store and put aluminum doll wires in it so I can pose it in the back window of my little car. :D

Folkmanis still sells a mantis puppet but it's a"finger puppet" only a few inches big, and only the head & arms, no body. :(

What did that mantid do to you?!? You've got your hand up it's... well. This forum is supposed to be strictly PG LOL.

Back