What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life is good in the nep room these days. We've had consistent cool, foggy weather, and in those conditions I can close up the grow room and get it to about 80 degrees. I open it up at night and it drops to 52 or so. Everyone seems to like it, so I went a bit nuts with the camera.

Here are some new pitchers. First, N. tentaculata:
N-8.jpg

Here's the latest N. x Predator and N. ventricosa x TM. The pred is 13 inches, my biggest pitcher ever. w00t!
N-7.jpg

Here's the latest sib x TM. It's still small, but I'm excited about this hybrid:
N-6.jpg

Here's the latest and biggest mystery lowii hybrid I have (acquired as N. burkeii x villosa as a pitcherless cutting at a BACPS meeting)
N-9.jpg

Check out N. ventricosa x aristolochioides growing outdoors. It powered through the winter - you can see the slightly deforemed couple of leaves when we had our freezing spell.
N-14.jpg

Speaking of growing through the cold, N. globosa is happy as a clam growing in highland conditions. This photo doesn't show the pitchers (not as good as you warm growers!), but you can see the healthy growth:
N-10.jpg

Here's N. macrophylla:
N-12.jpg

And finally, here's a new one on the fresh basal shoot from my N. spathulata x maxima. I crossed this with N. khasiana, can't wait to see how it looks!
N-13.jpg

Capslock

VERY VERY NICE!!!!

I love the N. marcophylla and N. aristo x ventricosa!

WOW, they all look great!!

*major drool*

love the macrophylla! Wistuba clone? i think i like the BE clone better ??? the BE clone has a more developed persimtone....but the Wistuba has a beautiful color persimtone!!!

I always love looking at your pics, Capslock. I kept thinking of your success with growing neps indoors all week while my wife was saying we should move to the SF area... "Yes honey, we should." lol. My personal favorite this time around is the N. macrophylla. Good growing!

xvart.

Nice plants Capslock.
Interesting that you're growing globosa in highland conditions, it's not a species I thought I had a hope of growing but I might give it a try now.
Cheers,
T.

Yes! Major drool!!
drooling2.gif

Hey Capslock,

I believe your unknown lowii hybrid is x briggsiana (i.e. loxii x ventricosa). Might even be the 'Peter D'Amato' cultivar based on the high red colour but no guarantees on that. Who was the origin of the cutting?? I know a couple CA growes who have it (you can PM me if you would rather not make it public.)

Back