What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking out my back door

likeAstone76

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians.......
Here are some pics of Lake Wilson here in Kansas
wilson8.jpg

wilson5.jpg

wilson3.jpg

wilson2.jpg

Some of the locals of the lake
scorpion.jpg

lizard2.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower1.jpg

107.jpg

102.jpg

And who says Kansas is boring and dull! Pssssh!

xvart.

Very nice and diverse. Is the lake man-made? Is it the head of any rivers?

It was built by the US Army corps of engineers after WW2. It has a numerous creeks running off of it, but no rivers flow into or out of it.

Sweet! Fantastic views!

what business does Kansas have having scorpions and cacti? Thats for us :/

Gee... and I thought it was going to be a topic about CCR! This doesn't look like Kansas! Where are the sunflowers? And what's that Geico salesman doing in there?:-D

Haha.. I thought this might have something to do with CCR as well..

Cool pics, the artificial lake is beautiful but I'm all about that Collared Lizard!

bah, i am jealous...

Very nice.

We have lizards in SD but i have never seen one. We do have cacti though aslo, as i found out one day on a lakeshore....

very very inconspicuous cacti... with huge thorns that rend your feet apart....

Very nice!

Wouldn't happen to have any tumbleweed seed would you? haha *is half serious*

-J.P.

I'm not sure how to extract the seed from the tumble weed, but I will keep my eye open. They usually start tumbling in the early fall.

I had no idea that those kinds of lizards were native to my homeland and found numerous of the little guys. I was on the lookout for rattle snakes that day, but they were elusive once again.

Scorpions, cactus, lizards, rattle snakes, not the Dorothy & Toto Kansas you always here about huh?

Ya no kidding... it seems like there is much more color there than when they filmed the Wizard of OZ :rolleyes:

My neighbor came from a part of California and said the tumbleweeds were bad there that they would blow into peoples cars, smack against houses etc. Heck I think that they would be neat little things (especially if you could make them smaller) then again I don't live with them 24/7 haha.

very nice view though :D

-J.P.

p.s. and please tell me that your avatar isn't a picture from your window either with all those nuke testing areas haha

Kansas has SCORPIONS?? I thought I was looking at pics from the west. :scratch: Don't mind me though. I'm geographically challenged. :(

Love the photos. Its beautiful. Though confusing... lol

BTW...I'm a Scorpio so that's my cousin in the pic. hehe

I dont have tumbleweed seeds, but they are considered noxious and can be up to 5 feet wide and blow up in great numbers against everything. Seedlings abound, so next year if you remind me I could rip one from the garden and hook you up.

Haha that would be great. Although I wonder if it is one of those invasive plants that cannot be sent or distributed etc... research must be done...

Thanks,
-J.P.

EDIT: Quick search tells me that I'm better off not introducing them here.. *sigh* oh well I will have to admire them from afar. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
Pretty. I've never been to a place where you can see that far.

And Scorpio's do rock lol.

Then you've never been to Wyoming either. 26 years ago I could drive 100 miles and not see another car!

Some recent pics of a fishing trip in my neck of the woods.

A redneck hot tub. It only works in the summer.
038-1.jpg
[/IMG]
050-1.jpg
[/IMG]
042.jpg
[/IMG]
044-1.jpg
[/IMG]
027-1.jpg
[/IMG]
034-1.jpg
[/IMG]