What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For White Flowered Fragrant Epiphyllum oxypetalum

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
I'm looking to replace a plant I lost a few years ago. The replacement I purchased flowers bright red and has no fragrance. On the plus side the bloom has lasted 3 days so far, which is 2 days longer than the one I used to have and am now looking for did. Looking for a leaf cutting, will trade a cutting of my red one, other trades possible. Thanks!

Attachments

• eo1.jpg
    eo1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 62
I have an E. oxypetalum, but it has not bloomed yet, so I cannot guarantee color. I was led to believe it will be white though. Only had it about 7 or 8 months, but it has grown by leaps and bounds in that time.

I thought i knew most of the carnivorous plants. What kind of carnivorous plant is this? since this is a carnivorous plant forum, a new form perhaps?

Regards

Not carnivorous, it's an orchid cactus.

John,

I have a white-flowered Epiphyllum. Not sure of the species. It flowered for me for the first time last year. I think it was fragrant, but it was hard to tell because (a) the Drosophyllum make the entire greenhouse smell like honey and (b) I caught it the morning after. I didn't even know it was going to bloom (It's languished under a bench -- it gets too cold in the winter in my GH for it to really be happy). Although it was happy enough to flower, I suppose.

It's yours if you'd like it (I can send it with the pot of seedling Disas and the Polygala lutea as well). The stem/root ball is fairly large, but I could also hack it into leaf cuttings and send if you'd prefer.

Jay

Thanks Jay, but I picked up two since that post was made. I'll be in touch with my trade bait in the next couple days.

Checking post dates always helps (I should do that) .... see it's been almost exactly a year :).

Back