What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for help with a Nepenthes maxima mt Apo

just got a Nepenthes maxima from mt Apo and looking for some info please.
is it a high lands or a lowlands.
aslo looking for advice on how to grow.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

the tag has N. maxima - lake poso

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bunch of them and they grow great in intermediate to HL conditions. I don't have LL conditions so I have no idea how they would react to higher temps.

I am growing my N. maxima Lake poso in intermediate conditions and it is starting to take off and pitcher rather nicely for me. :)

at this time I only have a lowlands terrarium.
i need help on setting to grow this one...

I don't think you will have a problem adjusting to a LL terrarium. It may even thrive better given the more controlled temp variations night/day you can achieve with a enclosed setup.

how should I adjust it to my LL terrarium

You shouldn't need a terrarium at all. I grew this one in my bathroom out in the open. Just needs good light like any other nepenthes. Perhaps a windowsill would work?

dashman, didn't you sat it was not doing to well.
what about growing it next to my terrarium it will get good light.
then if that doesn't work out and start growing will try in my box.

how does one adjust a nep to a terrarium? just so I will know?

I think I said, it wasn't looking too good. The pitchers had small lid syndrome and were tiny. It looked like the next two leaves that came out were doing better before I gave it to you. I have no idea what the conditions were before I received it, but it looked like it was doing fine in the few short weeks I had it.

N. maxima as a whole is a very hardy species - so long as you provide bright light you shouldn't need it to actually be in the terrarium. But, if you want to put it in there, it will probably settle in just fine as well. What are your household conditions like in terms of daytime/nighttime temperatures and humidity? I would only anticipate major problems if your home is very dry, say consistently 30% RH or lower.
~Joe

ya dont know the humidity but my house is in the shade, stays cold year round.
i hardly get much direct light in the windows...

I am going to try it next the my terrarium where the light is awesome but as for the room temp it is kinda chilly.

Back