What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

look at our other car

copied from my car forum cause i'm lazy-yo!
tounge.gif

banana2.gif

new addition to the miata. cost a little chunk of change. but it makes the hubby happy. hmmmm.... what's going on under the hood of this miata? check it out:
IM000714.jpg

ooo.gif

omg! the miata is more faster than the round black thing! if you see this hideous $850 miata with a turbo that cost more than the whole car- look out. here is what the whole car looks like- only now it has hood pins cause it doesn't latch right and the wheels are flat black. he and his buddy, the vw tech put it on at our boss's house's garage; which consists of a huge garage with every tool you can imagine and room for two racing trailers in the back. i'm glad nathan had some help. now i don't have to worry about dying or stuff falling apart when i drive the little miata
IM000349.jpg

why do i feel compelled to do something else to Pookie now? that stupid beetle has had so much money dumped into it in the past year or two though- so i'm done with it for a while in reality.

haha. I love it! How's it drive now with the upgrades?

xvart.

You make me miss my Miata.
I bet the upgrades are great. I looked into getting a turbo for mine, but did not feel like spending the money.
I would like to get one again at some point. Fun car.

Here is mine when I bought it back in 1993

MX5_1.jpg

Then close to the time I sold it in 2000

MX5_2.jpg

man. i wish ours looked half that clean. we've been putting off getting a paint job, so it will look like a beast for a long while unless we win the lottery or something.

i would like a paint job on pookie the VW, too. wonder if there are ever any 2 for 1 specials?

oh, the miata's back window is missing. it's made of glass for some reason and someone tore it out prior to us buying the car.:( during the turbo kit install, the passenger window got broken on the lift. the miata race cars that the big boss-man have probly don't need windows, so hopefully we can pick one up cheap. then i hope the hubby can install it.

elgecko, your car is purty. i have a feeling you're driving something better now though.

I wish my car was that cool.

A dodge intrepid doesn't exactly get the same respect that a Miata does!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 17 2006,9:28)]I wish my car was that cool.

A dodge intrepid doesn't exactly get the same respect that a Miata does!
If its white it sure will. Thats what the cops around here drive.

I flew out to visit a friend in San Fran a couple of years ago and we drove her brand new midnight blue Miata down the coast highway to Moonstone bay and then up into Oregon.  Fun car.  Two weeks of top down, blasting through the twistys, pretty girl with her long black hair flying in the wind...now THAT was a vacation to remember.
oh.gif

boogie.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bugfreak @ Dec. 17 2006,8:42)]elgecko, your car is purty. i have a feeling you're driving something better now though.
No.
Boring practical cars.

Some day I hope to have a convertible play car again.

i nearly traded my beloved beetle for a MazdaSpeed3. glad i changed my mind. i want both. i had to suck it up and "grow up" cause we're going to be buying a house within the next year. i need a fun family car so bad though. very tempting indeed to buy the speed3.

my fun car is a 1.8T beetle with a chip. it's also the family car.

anyone feeling charitable can feel free to get me a family car. i would really like a BMW 330i, but the Mazda is more gentle on the bank account. if you're buying, though, i'll settle for either.

If you ask me the MS3 is a good choice as a family car. 4 doors, hatchback, and still very fun to drive. I would get that or a MS6 (VERY good car)

I would offer up my little ScionXB but that thing is so slow you would die.
tounge.gif

i think the mazda would have been a terrific fun/family car. i don't make a whole lot of money, so i decided to put off buying a car for a while.
sad.gif
i am anxiously but excitedly anticipating home buying so i can't take a chance and spread myself too thin. plus, i just enrolled for our health and dental, which is a FORTUNE!!!! OMG!!!! i need the hubby to get a govt job or something. there goes the Bimmer (and cheap speed3 too, for that matter)

xB could be a decent delivery vehicles to pick up/ drop off wheels.

Back