What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Island Location 2

Here is another location on Long Island, out in a State Park in Montauk, that has fantastic Filiformis!!
They grow in a wet, sandy swath out in the sun and circle back into the bog and grow bigger and greener with Intermedia.

There's another location nearby in another State Park with much bigger Filiformis and loads of them! These grow among grasses and other competing vegetation along with loads of Intermedia and tons and tons of Rotundifolia.

There is another location of Filiformis on LI that I know of, but there's very few of them there... the so-called Coastal-Plains Ponds which are badly overgrown with no Plains whatsoever. The informational sign there says that they are common. Maybe they were at one time... land is managed by the Nature Conservancy too.

These photos here are from the most stunning location in the open, sunny and sandy location in Montauk.

9609wms.jpg

9646wms.jpg

9584wms.jpg

9639wms.jpg

9641wms.jpg

9657wms.jpg

9660wms.jpg

nice ,I know a great spot 10 minutes north of Montauk point to catch huge striped bass and bluefish

Gorgeous, poster-worthy photos. I love the way they look like they're glowing.

I hope I can visit this location some day!

Back