What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

location specific D. rotundifolia for dew aficionados

For SASE are some D. rotundifolia seeds freshly harvested this week. The species itself is nothing uncommon but what is special about this plant is it's origin. These come from a local fen (IN) used by my University for education and research and I was fortunate enough to obtain permission to harvest a few plants and distribute them gratis to other growers. This year the ones I have kept have bloomed and set seed so I am able to spread them around some more.
For those unfamiliar with what a fen is, it is a water logged environment that is ground water fed, rather than the usual bog that is largely ''bowl'' shaped and receives rain water as it's main water source. Fens tend to generally be high in calcium content which make it a non CP friendly environment. The Ca content of this particular fen has not been determined but it is IMO pretty amazing to have CP material not only from a site which is not usually conducive to such plants but also one of the last few southern most locations in Indiana. Compared to other rotunds I'd say these are a little smaller in size but seem to grow and bloom just fine in LFS.

If are interested in a few of these seeds shoot me an email (preferably) (yjrodenas at gmail.com) or PM. I also have some D. filiformis var. tracyi and D. filiformis var. filiformis seeds I can add in.
Enjoy

IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0912.JPG

message sent. Nice photos.

All D. rotundifolia seeds are spoken for but filiformis seeds are still available.

I have 2 more SASEs that came in this week that I'll try to get out today or tomorrow. Been swamped this week. Sorry for the delay.

Back