What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LMAO! It's just like us!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
LMAO! I saw this on another forum lmao! It sounds just like us!

1 to change the light bulb.

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as ****-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participants' ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

8 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

11 to flame them for not using the Search feature.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ".

10 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

24 to tell them to take it to PM's.

1 moderator that comes in and says something about doing it wrong and that everyone who disagrees gets a warning.

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 02 2007,7:34)]6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
lol. That's pretty funny. Although I can apply most of the things to other more dsyfunctional forums that I was once a part of.

xvart.

Smells like slashdot...

what's slashdot?

I looked it up and it's like a tech forum lol. I got it from an aquarium forum.

I'm an electrician and according to the National Electric code the term has been changed to Luminare to fit in with the international countries that are now adopting or electric codes.

Luminare... god I feel like the Jetsons!
Polyphosphoric..photon generator!

EXCELSIOR!

haha!! i laughed so hard!! that IS just like us!
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]11 to flame them for not using the Search feature.
As far I know, no one has ever flamed someone else here for not using the serch feture. Thats why i like thi splace, people are not uptight about the little things like... wherever you got your stats from.

yea theirs very much minimal flaming

use the search engine you will see theirs not much flaming going on hear.

well... depends on how you define it ;D (hope that wasnt too offensive)

Lol, this is the only forum i've never seen it happen.

It does REALLY test my patience sometimes lol.

"My vft's trap is turning black! HELP MEEE!"

has it ever happend where some one gets it mixed up like, a non carnivorous plant, and they thought it was a CP? and then it turns out it was just some kind of orchid or weird plant?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 03 2007,5:34)]LMAO! I saw this on another forum lmao! It sounds just like us!

1 to change the light bulb.

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as ****-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participants' ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

8 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ".

10 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

24 to tell them to take it to PM's.

1 moderator that comes in and says something about doing it wrong and that everyone who disagrees gets a warning.

Me too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]has it ever happend where some one gets it mixed up like, a non carnivorous plant, and they thought it was a CP? and then it turns out it was just some kind of orchid or weird plant?

That has nothing to do with light bulbs..  stay on topic please.

JLAP:  this was posted in here a couple years ago already..  Use the search feature!!  
jestera.gif
hahahaha

laugh.gif

Steve

LMAO! I did search to be sure but didn't see it. There's a lot more pages with the keywords Light Bulb than lightbulb lol.

JLAP stop being $#%! dumb and use the @#$@ of #$@$search engine! JESH! I thought you were smart...

/end rant
tounge.gif

LMAO I like this thread
tounge.gif

Topic locked and all members yelled at for it.

/Disgruntled Moderator.

tounge.gif

this was posted on a hunting/shooting forum im often at.................i think it wound up being 10 pages or so long...................we had fun with it
biggrin.gif

Lol, didn't we have a thread that went on about absolutely for like 8 pages?

lmao. literally it went on about nothing. I think it was in the wrong forum too lmao!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Jan. 03 2007,11:32)]has it ever happend where some one gets it mixed up like, a non carnivorous plant, and they thought it was a CP? and then it turns out it was just some kind of orchid or weird plant?
Yeah, it happened last year, I think it was around April.
banana2.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 03 2007,6:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Jan. 03 2007,11:32)]has it ever happend where some one gets it mixed up like, a non carnivorous plant, and they thought it was a CP? and then it turns out it was just some kind of orchid or weird plant?
Yeah, it happened last year, I think it was around April.
banana2.gif
haha. how can we forget that!? psh i was dumb enough to PM you and ask for the price of it! 300$....HA!
Alex

Back