What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Growth Lights

Christopher

Fancier of The Insectivorous Plant
What's your opinion on using them for growing CPs? I was considering buying some.

Thanks bunches, guys! :)

They work great but for the same price you could buy metal halide.

I'd like to here some reviews from those that are running LED grow lights.
I have been reading up on them recently and am considering using them
in a solar powered application.
The price is dropping and of course the companies selling them boast about them.
Reviews of users results are more of a selling fact for me.
The ones I have been reading about and not 120 volt, sure they plug into a 120 volt receptacle but its a transformer your plugging in that's 120 volt. the transformers secondary side produces low voltage, most under 20 volts.
LED technology is moving fast, I have built some LED lights for other uses and at one time I had to pay a pretty strong price for the diodes, now they are cheap, the prices dropped quickly.

Watch for these grow lights to do the same.

You might do a search from time to time for "LED Grow/Plant Light Kits". these manufactures of the finished products will hold prices as high as they can as long as they can, the do it yourself kits will be the first to drop in price dramatically.

Back