What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lauras cp program...............

I forgot about this. So much going on lately. Rattler, what have you tweeked lately?

lol your not the only one that has forgotten it a bit. unfortunatly your program had caused a bit of a "personel malfunction". meaning that it gave Darla the idea that the Herald-News's web page needed to be done and done now so i got tossed off the computer
confused.gif
oh well most of it is now done so maybe i can sneak back on the 'puter to finish it. its supposed be miserable and blizzarding between now and sunday so i should be able to get it done. i have no interest in snowmobiling ing 30mph winds and blowing snow
smile_n_32.gif

Tee he... personal or personnel malfunction???

So, sorry.  I couldn't resist being as how it was your wife!

Didn't want this to drop off my view list.

I am waiting for this program, to give it a "spin" and see how it works. I really could use this for my sarrs to track them, and know just exactly how many I have. When, Rattler, when???????

As you can see from my post in the predecessor to this thread that i made yesterday, i missed out on this entire conversation, when i might have helped. Shoot.

Well, if anyone thinks an online way of doing it is more desirable for them, please let me know. The obvious advantages are the ease of searching for others trades and cultural info on a given species, but the disadvantage is that you have to be online to access it. That's not a problem for me, but i know some people have limited 'Net access.

sorry Bugweed. had a bit of a medical problem, i wont go into it here other than it involved 6 hospital visits in 4 days. Laura knows the whole story. its coming along a lil slower than i thought do to my lack of skill but i should have it done shortly. im itching to have it done to so i can use it. sorry but it was a very unexpected delay.

I keep my grow list in "Excel" and it works quite well.
What about adding this information;
-purchased from
-date purchased
-cost
-internet address of reference photos
-country of origin
The list is endless.  
biggrin.gif

Say lauderdale!  Good suggestions. The original application had a drop down for the addition of this type of information.  I don't think it included a space for cost though.  There were remarks areas under tabs that would have enabled the user to add a url as well as a feature wherein which photos could be dropped and dragged into the program.  I have a strange premonition that after Rattler and Darla are done working on the application that it will be ten fold that which it originally was as would pertain to features and user friendliness.  These things take time.

This sounds like it would be a great file. Any updates? Still working on it? I have a little bit of skill with access and maybe able to help out.

maybe, species fatalities

maybe it could be online, so you can compare your plants/skills to those of other cp'ers

hey i just noticed this, what about pics of the plants, the flowers etc. i would gladly give $5 for such a program, it would be sweet to get such one for $25. thanks, hows it coming?

Brad

Back