What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KPG's Nepenthes

Just a couple more:

Nepenthes petiolata
2_zps4bf07106.jpg

Nepenthes caruculata x xtrusmadiensis
1_zpsb90deca0.jpg

wow your petiolata looks great, your lid looks more rounded compared to mine. is yours seed grown?
image1.jpeg

wow your petiolata looks great, your lid looks more rounded compared to mine. is yours seed grown?
image1.jpeg
Well, I don't really know the answer. It is labelled "BE0062". It could be seed raised or tc from BorneoExotics.

awesome plant and pic
2_zps8835b4d1.jpg

That Nepenthes caruculata x xtrusmadiensis looks metallic. I love all the photos!!

All of your plants are grown extremely well, KPG. And, for some reason, your petiolata has me itching for the eventual introduction of N. pulchra into cultivation.

Well, I don't really know the answer. It is labelled "BE0062". It could be seed raised or tc from BorneoExotics.

That's the old code number. From mid 2004. I think??? they were tc, the invoice says "typical" which usually meant they were TC plants. There were some seed grown plants released back in mid 2003 but there is no code number. The invoice however says "assorted" which usually meant from seed at the time. So if it came in with the code number it's probably from 2004 or later.

That's the old code number. From mid 2004. I think??? they were tc, the invoice says "typical" which usually meant they were TC plants. There were some seed grown plants released back in mid 2003 but there is no code number. The invoice however says "assorted" which usually meant from seed at the time. So if it came in with the code number it's probably from 2004 or later.
Thanks for the info, Tony. My record keeping is not the best.

Thank you all for the kind comments.
KPG

When EP released the "Sabre" plants (tc) the vendor I got them from believed there were four varieties. At the time, EP would not disclose the parentage. Later, they described N. xSabre as the grex namei N. vetricosa x xtrusmadiensis, on Sam's grex registry. The original release of N. ventricosa x xtrusmadiensis seedlings mean a much greater number of individual clones out there. When EP listed cuttings of Sabre (a), (b), & (c), I wondered if they were from the original seedlings or the tc plants. I don't know if that was ever revealed.

Your plant could well be the same as one of mine. As you know, environment affects color, plus ambient light makes a big difference as well. The first two plants were photographed out of doors, and the rather harsh sunlight gives the colors a "washed out" appearance.

Just for fun, I dug out one of my old photos of one of the N. ventricosa x TM seedlings:

61355b3f.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Thanks for that info. My plant was a gift from a friend (as a cutting, a year ago) and I did not inquire as to its provenance. I might ask, now.

Few odds and ends:

N. ventricosa (k) #1 (EP'S designation)
3_zps4b0f12b0.jpg

N. ovata (from seed)
2_zps78478578.jpg

Pretty sure you recognize this:
1_zps2a92b24e.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x talangensis (EP)
1_zps2ed403a8.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

It's been a while since I posted any photos. Captured this N. (maxima x veitchii) x veitchii H/L Today:

1_zps2f261aa3.jpg

2_zpsed134fef.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Freaking awesome!! Wow!!!

Thanks, guys.

Here is N. hamata Katopasa from seed:

1_zps9d17fca2.jpg

A couple of Borneo babies:

Nepenthes villosa
2_zps6286d12e.jpg

N. edwardsiana
1_zps69277b5c.jpg

Happy Holidays everyone!!

jesus christ...

Praise the lawd!

Lucky you are to be able to grow those! I think villosa is the winner when it comes to impressive teeth, but eddies are amazing as well....

Back