What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sharing some pics of my plants

Cindy

Staff member
All of them are growing at my balcony, receiving natural light and lowland conditions.

Pitchers - N. ampullaria, N. merrilliana and S. hybrid
pitchers_july2009.jpg

Cephalotus
cephalotus_july2009.jpg

Petiolaris complex group
petiolaris_july2009.jpg

I bet your very good at digital scrap booking! Those look nice. I do suggest that for the first one you use a different picture for the middle nepenthes as the dead leaves are in the way.

Very nice photos; your cephs look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome collages (Is that what they are? LOL)!

IMO, I like how ther merrilliana is hiding behind the dead leaves.

Wow Cindy, congrats on your ceph. I've had a real hard time trying to grow this plant where I live (typical lowland most of the year). Do you fertilize them? Any tips for growing in warmer climates?

Sorry for so many questions, last one I swear: did you grow your cephs from seed or are they mass produced TC plants?

No teasing this time! Beautiful plants!

I especially like those in the petiolaris complex. May I ask how you care for them, particularly in winter. For example, do you give them less water in the winter, or is it always the same amount of water throughout the year?

Hehe, the N. merrilliana was behind a small rock and surrounded by the dried leaves. I have not seen any pitcher form in mid-air despite my humidity being above 60% all the time.

JRFxtreme,
I do use fertilisers straight into the root region. But the solution is heavily diluted and I flush the pots the day after. It is done when there is good light and ventilation. The cephs are all cuttings from mature plants (these are 5-8 years old). It really gives an edge over growing them from TC because TC plants are slow to produce large pitchers in warm conditions. All they do in the first 2-3 years is to produce lots of offshoots with immature traps.

Tropics,
I live in year round lowland conditions so the watering regime is similar throughout the year. I only top up the tray with 1/2" of water after it dries up completely. These plants are kept drier than D. intermedia and D. spatulata which are growing in the same area.

Really beautiful ! I love the cephalotus most !

Great photos and collages Cindy! May I ask the ID of the sundew in the upper-middle pic? It looks a little like my seedling lanata x kenneallyi.

Jason

Back