What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

junior olympic fensing

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
Hey all,

I'll be heading to Hartford, CT this saturday to check out the Jr. olympic fensing.

One of my karate students (she's 18 now, so I think I've been teaching her for 5 or 6 years) qualified - I actually have seen a lot less of her in class since she took up the sport about three years ago.

Anyway, just wanted to gloat a bit because her coach says she's so good at fensing partially because of her martial arts training.....gloat gloat gloat.

So I'm going to go root (get it?) for her and hope she schmops the competition!

Good for her (and you)!  I used to fence.  I loved it.  Unfortunately the school cut the program after I had only one semester.  I was so disappointed.

I hope she does well!  
smile.gif

Woohoo! That's exciting! Congratulations to both of you!
smile.gif

Yes indeed, congrats! Our local SCA group has a bunch of fencers in it. I fenced years ago, but my schedule just doesn't permit me to make practices anymore.
smile_h_32.gif
I miss it, it was great fun, and good exercise!

Well, she made it through the elimination pool (to 64), but was out the first round. I'm not an expert, but the girl she lost to looked darn good....and she only lost by one gosh darn point!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the girl she lost to looked darn good

Don't let your wife see you saying that.
smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif

Back