What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June Wistuba Shipment

Is there a reason to defend Wistuba ?
No one spoke against him, it's just been stated that he's busy and this can cause some delay. You know this is true and it's not a criticism.
I myself have a few plants from him and as far as I'm concerned he's one of the most respected people in this field.

That's okay.. your DOA replacements should arrive in the fall when the weather begins to cool off a bit.

There was some comments made which implied the plants would likely arrive dead... Since the subject of the thread was in regard to wistuba, it is natural for the reader to assume those comments were in fact about wistuba

While processing time of USDA and US-customs are somewhat unpredictable, people who order with overnight forwarding usually have their plants within 7 or 8 days after shipping - not 14+ ...!!!
I do everything I can to keep processing times that I can control at a minimum.

Best regards

Andreas
I have a few plants coming in with this shipment.My only concern I have is 4th of july is Thursday this year and some people are leaving out of town or camping on and maybe not able to get them out of the oven right away.Hopefully I get them before or after the weekend.But I can only blame myself.I guess I will have to go introduce myself to my neighbor just in case.

I have a few plants coming in with this shipment.My only concern I have is 4th of july is Thursday this year and some people are leaving out of town or camping on and maybe not able to get them out of the oven right away.Hopefully I get them before or after the weekend.But I can only blame myself.I guess I will have to go introduce myself to my neighbor just in case.

Haha same for me, I have a couple plants coming in but im away all of next week.

It's going to be close... Received an email from Andreas that the plants will go out tomorrow. Give about a week to arrive, clear customs and get to the Maryland distributor, I'm hoping to get it by July 3 with overnight shipping. If not, I will need to make arrangements with someone to receive the package.

At times, a man of few words. But, he is always direct and to the point - paypal payment request. For me, his current replacement rate is 5%. Some plants just necessitate additional time to acclimate. With one of the greatest selection of lambies, who am I to complain?

There was some comments made which implied the plants would likely arrive dead... Since the subject of the thread was in regard to wistuba, it is natural for the reader to assume those comments were in fact about wistuba

no, i think this time it was more directed towards all the dumbies ordering plants ;) he was only trying to be helpful though :awesome: "help" is best served with a side order of condescension

nah.. wasn't directed towards anyone in particular. Was just a simple statement in regards to everyone's expressed frustration.
Guess I should've saved that comment for a CZ plants thread. Would've made more sense to Vasek anyways.

My shipment just arrived via Express mail and the plants look well, for the most part. I'll follow-up later today.

double sigh. my express mail is still in the matrix somewhere.

all plants in my order arrived safe and sound today in perfect condition :) hope you all have the same result

Well mine won't get here until Monday, which is the day I leave town for a week. Great.

double sigh. my express mail is still in the matrix somewhere.

Mike, I wouldn't sweat it until 5 o'clock rolls around. I'd trust USPS to deliver an Express package on time more than I would trust the tracking information to update. Hope it all works out for you, though.

I haven't even gotten an email ???

from the distributer or wistuba himself??

Got my invoice Andreas same day I ordered but nothing from the distributor, gotta lowii, inermis, eddie, and another macrophylla coming so yea I'm getting kind of antsy over here.

eddie arrived with no roots and the lamii (I think) looks like a little piece of beef jerky. :(. I'll email Andreas with pics.

you expect roots to be included? jeez, what a whiner :awesome:

Got my invoice Andreas same day I ordered but nothing from the distributor, gotta lowii, inermis, eddie, and another macrophylla coming so yea I'm getting kind of antsy over here.

well he would have emailed you about 1.5 weeks ago that the plants were shipped from europe to his distributer. did your original email say it was scheduled for the june shipment? if so, email him and see whats up. my may shipment was pushed to the june one without him bothering to tell me until i emailed asking where my plants were :p

Back