What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack London's Before Adam

Has anyone here read Before Adam by Jack London (writer of White Fang and Call of the Wild)? It's a story from the worldview of a prehuman ancestor, evolutionary fiction. Today I picked up an illustrated commemorative edition.

Considering the hostile arguments on evolution still going today a hundred years later I can imagine back when this was written it was considered almost a heresy by some and probably still is today.

"These are our ancestors, and their history is our history. Remember that as surely as we one day swung down out of the trees and walked upright, just as surely on a far earlier day, did we crawl up out of the sea and achieve our first adventure on land."

Looking forward to reading it! :-))

I never read it and didn't know what it was about. I read an awful lot of Jack London back in the day.

that sounds like a great book! i'll have to get me a copy.

I loved White Fang. I must have read that book a million times when I was kid. Call of the Wild too.

I'm always looking for book recommendations. I'll add it to the list/pile to get from the library when I finally pay my library fines...

xvart.

I'm always looking for book recommendations. I'll add it to the list/pile to get from the library when I finally pay my library fines...

Ha! That's the same reason I don't go to the library anymore either - I think I was in 7th grade last time I was there - I wonder if they'd remember me? ;)

Back