What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isit an Adealae?

• Thread starter Chomp
  • Start date
yep, it's an Adelae. Your just might be getting lower light levels, so it makes id grow tall... or something... I'm really bad at explaining things, but yeah, it's an Adelae. :)

My guess is d. cystiflora... thought i saw something before in savage garden, and i did.. page 162 of the soft cover book.

oh... I just FAILED/GOT OWNED

It looks like a D. adelae that needs more TLC.

That's what adelae looks like when Lowes gets them in.

That, is an etiolated D. adelae for sure, lowes/homedepot commonly sell them in those little cubes of death. adelae should not look like that so either the place you got it from was not giving it enough light or you are not. remove it from that deathcube for the love of god as well lol. But now that its been in it for so long, you should probably acclimate it to less than 100000000000% humidity lmao

I got it at Lowes. I'm doing my best to keep it in good health, but you're right, it does need more light. That's why I'm getting additional lamps soon. Thanks for the help guys!

That's what adelae looks like when Lowes gets them in.

Actually, the plants they bring in are just fine when they arrive... and then they go downhill with neglect. They don't know how to take care of them, so they sit and sit and don't get watered or air or food or properly lit.

It's very very etiolated....it grew tall in no light, 100% humidity and bad water :) What an interesting specimen.

Definitely adelae; I've never seen one from Lowe's that didn't look like that. Once you get a brighter light, you could tip it over so that the stalk is lying on the media. I bet it'll sprout lots of plantlets at the nodes if it gets a chance to root them.
~Joe

That, is an etiolated D. adelae for sure, lowes/homedepot commonly sell them in those little cubes of death. adelae should not look like that so either the place you got it from was not giving it enough light or you are not. remove it from that deathcube for the love of god as well lol. But now that its been in it for so long, you should probably acclimate it to less than 100000000000% humidity lmao

ditto! :-))

Back