What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this unhealthy?

The falconeri leaves seem to keep drying up and are dewless. This green clone refuses to turn red under the flourescent light which makes the rest turn red. I'm not worried about that part though. In fact, I'm trying to keep the green one alive just cause I know it's a different source plant as a result. I am, however, concerned why the leaves keep drying up.

Is it too low humidity? Lack of light? Or too much of it instead?

I've never grown a Falconeri but I hear that they're tough to raise successfully.

Is it a new plant? Did you just receive it?

If so, perhaps it is not acclimated to your growing conditions yet.

It looks dry to me. Put a clear plastic cup over it for a while to increase its ambient humidity. See if it perks up... ???

It's been with me for 7 months. Strange thing is, it has been red most of that while, and only in the last month when all of them started growing, it showed its true green colors. I havent changed its environment in the last 7 months. Does it look like its going dormant? :(

Back