What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this root rot?

• Thread starter Imverysad
  • Start date
Hello

My Drosera gympiensis hybrids have suddenly lost their dew.
Also, all the tentacles are curling towards the middle of the leaf, without catching anything.
Could anyone tell me what's going on? Is this root rot?

I keep them in ~50% humidity, about 80 F, standing in water about 1/7 the height of the pot, media is peat, silica sand, and perliteIMG-2628.jpgIMG-2629.jpg

The things I know of that could cause the effects you describe are: sudden increase in temperatures, sudden decrease in humidity, sudden increase in light. Any such changes recently?

No... They have been growing well in the same spot for 2 months. There were no changes in condition/care to this day.
The same hybrids in a pot right next to these ones (with the same conditions) are growing vigorously. The only significant thing I've noticed is some small bits of white mold growing on the media... maybe that's the problem?

Evil spirits maybe? Just kidding. I get problems with fungi on my sundews too, in high humidity. D. spatulata variants are most sensitive. My D. capillaris are more tolerant.

Back