What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is something eating my neps, or another problem?

• Thread starter Stranger
  • Start date
Over the last few weeks a few of my neps have been getting leaf damage. From the first two plants I think it's just that something's been munching on them since it's all on the new leaves but I thought I'd just get a second opinion since the damage to the third one doesn't look quite the same. What do you all think is causing this? Thankfully the growth points haven't been damaged in any of these, but one of them is a specimen plant from EP that I really like, so if it's something else I'd like to know.

jnvTxE8h.jpg

JpPWlKbh.jpg

nWE5kg3h.jpg

Last edited:
You have two different problems; the first couple certainly have something munching on them, but the other markings look like burn marks or surface damage of a different sort.

I could be wrong but it looks like in the first photo that you can see a worm.

Your plants are definitely getting munched by something (big), doesn't look like scale, mites or thrips, but something more substantial like a caterpillar or a slug.

Good grief Dex, you're absolutely right. I must be going blind. The culprit has now been smushed after a quick search.

HCarlton, as for the third one that actually wouldn't surprise me, it was recently repotted and moved to a different location, so it may just be acclimatisation now that you mention burn marks. Will keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Back