What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is any one going to the 6th ICPS Conference

Hello,

I was just wondering is anyone here is making plans to go to the 6th ICPS Conference, June 1-5, 2006 in Frostburg, Maryland? I'm definitely going, I will probably fly into IAD - Washington Dulles International Airport on the 1st.

-Jeremiah-

I'm planning on going.

I am planning on it and I know a few other NECPS members will be there.

I plan on attending!

If someone wants to pick me up and take me. hehe
smile.gif

The deadline for early registration is now April 15th for those who have not registered yet.

Not sure yet....If I do go, it will only be Thurs & Fri. That's my daughter's b-day weekend, and that's not something I should miss (even for my plants).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ April 13 2006,2:26)]Not sure yet....If I do go, it will only be Thurs & Fri.  
Those two days should be good. You are right though, you can't miss your daughter's birthday even for plants.

I'm still up in the air if I can pull this off. It falls on our anniversary. What makes it bad is that it's our 10th. Might be the last if I go.
confused.gif

I'm all registered...
Now have to figure if I'm driving or flying

Kirk
Fitchburg, Mass.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kirkwmartin @ April 14 2006,7:51)]I'm all registered...
Now have to figure if I'm driving or flying
How are you going to take back ALL of those plants on the plane?
smile_m_32.gif

Dena and I just signed up.

It's gonna be a GREAT time!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Jan. 13 2006,6:21)]If someone wants to pick me up and take me.  hehe  
smile.gif
what she said :p

Hey Dave,

I flew with a Phalenopsis and Dendrobium orchid and a terrarium under my seat before!!!
You are correct that the car offers substantial plant transporting potential.....
Kirk

I came back from FL a few months ago with a the biggest box I could carry-on the plane. I stored in the overhead. I brought back the following plants:

Nepenthes bicalcarata
Nepenthes globosa (2 plants)
Paph exul
Paph St. Swithin hybrid
a bunch of air plants

I bought packing peanuts and kept the box upright the entire time so I would not lose the pitcher fluid. I wanted to carry the plants home because I was afraid the winter temperatures would harm them if I shipped them.

I have a lot to bring with me this trip to the ICPS meeting so I'll definitely be driving.

The booth for the NECPS is paid for and reserved.

Hi,

We will be vending at the show. Actually, we are looking forward to meeting other vendors as well. (our addiction yearns for more plants!) I have heard that Andreas Wistuba will be there. Has anyone heard of any other vendors planning to support this event? I am a little worried that not enough vendors are promoting this big event. For example, just click on the link below. It is a reverse search of websites who have linked to promote this show: http://search.yahoo.com/search?....62&b=21 Why aren't there more vendors promoting this conferenece? (We appear to be the only commercial website doing so and I think it is important that others do the same.) This is the only time a huge Carnivorous Plant event like this will be held in the the United States for another 4 years and the only time it will happen in the Eastern U.S. for another 8 years!

Mike & Richard
Black Jungle Terrarium Supply

Ok, I got the go-ahead to go for the 1st and 2nd!

Now I just have to sign up....

Edit: Gee Wiz! $150 to register?!? I'll be there for Thursday & Friday only! Plus the hotel.... Eeek....now I'm not so sure....

Looks like I will be able to pull off a Saturday only visit.

Back