What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iperua Utric pictures

in my semi annual look into why in the hell my U. reniformis only has two leaves at a time i unpotted it.........all apears well underground.............prolly has several feet worth of tubers in the 8 inch pot..........
Untitled-1-11.jpg

Untitled-7-3.jpg

Untitled-8-2.jpg

here is my U. humboldtii................unfortunatly it has scale and my alcohol treatment hasnt worked so i guess the next step is drowning.........
Untitled-2-11.jpg

Untitled-5-6.jpg

Untitled-6-5.jpg

Untitled-4-3.jpg

Buying peat today :)

Wow! Very nice! I use orthene75sp on all my cps for scale. I've never tried it on utrics before though :-\ I should send you some in trade for some of that plant hehe
great growing!!

lol Pyro, figured it might spur yah on a bit, it had twice as many lollons but i clipped off the heavily infested/past the point of saving ones........i also pulled out the flower stalks, each came with several inches of stolons so i cut the stalks down and threw them in a new tub to see if they take, this time in the kitchen window.........hate moving the whole plant since it seems to like it down there......my luck it will hate the kitchen window.....................any insights into my damn reniformis?......bigger pot maybe?......due tuber cuttings work?

I can not help on your reni, my giant form does the same thing. Tons and tons of tuber/stolon and only a handfull of leaves. I do see promise right now though, 6 new leaves all at once and all larger than any before. So maybe something... Not that I know what I did to spur it on mind you.

Do not see why stolon/tuber portions would not work for this guy. Just do not keep over wet and you shoul be fine.

i couldnt believe how much of the pot was tubers with the dang thing, surprised the heck out of me.........must be more tuber than soil in that pot........might have to find a bigger pot to put it in, see if i can get some carrot sized tubers :grin: ive been keeping it fairly dry, much drier than any of my other CP's, if i go by tuber growth i would say thats a good thing......least its growing even if it isnt flowering or producing much for leaves........might have to due some cuttings and seeing if chilling it helps any to induce flowers.........i think next winter the local greenhouse/flower shop would let me use a lil bit of space in their bulb cooler.......a month or so at 40ish might induce flowering.......hear alot of Brits say it generally flowers after a spell in a cool greenhouse.......

Back