What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inaugural March '23 Meetup

• Thread starter Werdna
  • Start date

Werdna

I am diagonaly parked in a parallel universe
I’ve been thinking it would be fun to have a meetup and talk plants with everyone, maybe sometime early next month? How does Borderlands brewery sound for a location on the evening of March 10th? I’m open to suggestions if somewhere else/different time are preferred.

I know nothing about Borderlands brewery, meeting with a group to talk CPs or of what's going on March 10th. But I looked at the bylaws of this group and it says it's basically mandatory I go. So I should be able to make it. :cool:

What time would everyone like to meet? I know @Mikes_little_oasis gets off work around 7:30 or 8 on the 10th and I’ve heard he plans to bring a nepenthes seedling to give away.

I will bring a seedling. veitchii k x ( candy striped x candy) "mike fallen" and we can do a free giveaway !!! Photo below shows the parents used to make this awesome grexx!!

Attachments

• 20221111_170403.jpg
    20221111_170403.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 6
What time would everyone like to meet? I know @Mikes_little_oasis gets off work around 7:30 or 8 on the 10th and I’ve heard he plans to bring a nepenthes seedling to give away.
Well, I'd say when he can. I can"t see having it super late.

Let’s plan to meet at Borderlands brewery (119 E Toole ave.) on Friday, March 10 at 8PM. Metered street parking is free after 5PM.

If any of you are not growing Neps in their living space and want to, I can bring cuttings of my N. x ventrata for you. I've heard of no issues rooting and growing them directly in typical house climates since mine has been there a long time.
My thread on it Thread 'My house Nep (N. x ventrata)' My house Nep (N. x ventrata)

It's official, CPASA had it's first meetup and we shut the place down. I didn't know what to expect, but it was definitely not to be talking plants until past midnight and have the lights turned off on us! Werdna brought a beautiful H. heterodoxa x ionasi which my wife, who I took along to take photos (and to protect me from plant people looking to steal me), didn't take any photos of (or of the meeting just imagine the 4 of us sitting there in intense conversation). Mikes_little_oasis brought along a seedling. veitchii k x ( candy striped x candy) "mike fallen" as promised which was given to schmiggle as the only one of the group that didn't have one yet. I passed out freshly harvested N. (clipeata x ventricosa) x (chaniana x veitchii) seeds to everyone.
I enjoyed myself and can't wait to meet the others next time. Thanks for coming out!
Werdna tells me on his way home he spoke with someone on the street who asked about the plant he was carrying, and they may come to the next meeting.
From left to right: Mike @Mikes_little_oasis, Moshe @schmiggle, Andrew @Werdna, Andrew @adnedarn

20230311_001915.jpg

andrewheli.jpg

The time flew by, I was surprised when I looked up from our table to see the place had emptied out and they were kicking us out. I can’t wait for the next one, and thanks for the seed!

Thanks for setting it up!!! Thanks for the seeds too!! I had a awesome time!!! Can't wait till the next one!!!

Back