What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Important information for credit card owners!

• Thread starter seedjar
  • Start date

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Hehe, did I get anybody with that? I just wanted to share with you all this headline that caught my eye the other night:
Credit Card EXPLODES When Gal Goes Over Limit!
Courtesy of the Weekly World News. It gave me a good laugh, at least.
Peace,
~Joe

that's funny. i haven't seen that. it would certainly help some people avoid further credit problems. hope mine doesn't explode. oh, wait. i don't have any real credit cards, just a debit and i like it that way.

any missing fingers from the explosion?
smile_m_32.gif

Hehe, not only would we be eliminating debt on the social side of the equation, but we'd be eliminating shopoholic genes from the genepool!

Credit cards can be a little scary/annoying in that sense- there's a lot of potential for trouble. I figure when I'm 18 I'll get one and occasionally make purchases on it and pay it right back just to build up credit. But spending until you're borrowing...
confused.gif

I agree, credit cards suck. As the son of a debt collector, I have seen firsthand the moronic situations some people manage to get into with their credit. It's unfortunate that our economy is now structured in such a way that using credit is virtually mandatory. I have no credit cards right now, but I'll soon be getting some just because I need to build a credit rating. I'm all about responsible spending though, and I've learned from the best: my mom has a cumulative credit limit exceeding $750k, while her yearly income is more like... $60k or so. Kind of scares me to think what well-to-do people can borrow.
~Joe

You would not believe the ammount of debt some of these Doctors I work with are in.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
You are right Joe. It is scary. I have 2 cards myself that I am trying to pay off. I made the mistake of putting my CDL training on one and then not working with the trucking company long enough to pay off the card. It Stunk. Any who my mustang is paid off now and my car gets paid off so just one more to go then the two CC. WOO HOO. Then just one credit bill left. My house. Word to the wise. DON'T GET INTO DEBT. It costs you a heck of alot more than what its worth. Another scary thing is the intrest only house loans!! No wonder this country is in the state of debt its in. Everyone trying to live beyond thier means! That is ust the most stupidist move you could make unless your in realestate trying to flip a house for profit. For the average person you just opened a bottomless pit. Since you know the average person is just going top pay the minimum Interest only payment then their principle never decreases and they have the loan forever! Anywho I;m done rambling.

Back