What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm grounded!

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
No - not by my parents. I've been deemed medically unfit for a virus I caught two weeks ago that required a hospital stay - and the FAA has grounded me indefinitely!

So now I must sit through an unknown amount of time of just waiting through an observation period followed by filing reams of paperwork and test results ( which will require multiple doctor visits, ie expensive!) to the bureaucracy in Oky City. Doc says I'm cured, no traces left, but that's not good enough for the Feds. I'm fine, and yet I legally cannot work. Any other job, I'd be back at work paying bills. I'm on FMLA as of today, which is unpaid, and in two months I might start getting long term disability, which is only 40% my pay. We don't have short term here.

So here I sit, struggling with ideas about how to pay the darn bills! I think I'm going to have to go out and get a temp job in the interim. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll find a whole new career, I hope. Wife is stressed out, and pulling in OT to help.

Oh well, for now I have lots of time to sit and watch the plants grow. :poke:

Sorry to hear it. Good luck with everything.
I see you got another job, that's good. Are you still flying RJs?

as long as i have my computer and that place have internet access, i dont care where i am, unless a very very scary place. at least have 5 people with me, or a very bright place with people.

Thats a real bummer. Your unable to get even a 3rd class medical? The FAA can be quite strict when it comes to such things. But you gotta face it, its their job to keep flying "safe" so that the general public won't decide to rid the country of aviation all together. Oh well, gotta keep bugging them until they give you your medical back. Best of luck to you!

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you soon!

Same job. Oct. is when they tell us who keeps their job or not.

Honestly, I'm trying to make the best of it - I really wanted some time off, now I've got it. Just wish I got paid for it like normal vacation. Plus it might give me the time I need to look for a way out! :banana2:

My good friend had a very similar thing get him in January of this year. He's still out. It's strictly a paperwork issue, and the gov't moves at its own pace; that of a sloth.

Sorry to hear that, but hopefully everything will go well.

Back