What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Back With No Plants! :O

• Thread starter bianchi914
  • Start date
Hi Everyone!
I used to be on this forum a long while ago and it was oh so wonderful so I decided to start back up. I'm a Senior at Oregon State University about to graduate with my degree in Horticulture with an option in Research. When I left for college my parents threw out all my carnivorous plants and it is a big bummer but in some of my classes I have collected general house plants to build up my collection of plants again at home. I'm hoping to find some carnivorous plants to begin growing them indoors again and figured I would check out this forum to get excited about the wonderful world of insect digestion once again!
Hope everyone is well and I look forward to getting to know you all again,
Ryan

Welcome back! I can't tell you how angry I'd be at my parents if they'd thrown away my stuff when I went to college (and hey, I also went to OSU!) I sure hope you didn't have anything rare or expensive before.

There's a bunch of us who hang out once a month up in Portland if you're interested and able to make it some month in the future. Details here: TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Awesome I'll check it out. Yeah I grew up in Corvallis but will be moving to southern oregon here soon. What department were you in?

That sucks! :ohno: Sorry mate. Did you give them a bill for all the losses?

What plants are you looking to start back up with? The local meetup should be great to help with that I'm sure, and certainly people on here would be happy to help!

Yeah I'll be sure to get to a meetup if I can before moving

For plants I will probably look to start up with some Sarracenia spp., Dionaea spp., Drossera spp., and perhaps a Heliamphora spp. The things I'm missing most are probably a few of my Nepenthes and my Cephalotus but, so it goes!

Regards,
Ryan

Losing all your plants because of school is a familiar story to me. Good luck rebuilding your collection. This place has stayed a great resource over the years. If you wanted some leaf samples from drosera to make cuttings out of let me know.

Awesome I'll check it out. Yeah I grew up in Corvallis but will be moving to southern oregon here soon. What department were you in?
I studied computer science. I actually wasn't really interested in plants at the time.

Yeah I'll be sure to get to a meetup if I can before moving

For plants I will probably look to start up with some Sarracenia spp., Dionaea spp., Drossera spp., and perhaps a Heliamphora spp. The things I'm missing most are probably a few of my Nepenthes and my Cephalotus but, so it goes!

Regards,
Ryan

Hey Ryan and welcome back! Here is a link for particulars on where our Portland group meets: Meet Location, Day, and Time

There will be lots of giveaway sarracenia and probably some flytraps and temperate dews brought to the meets later this spring to help you along in reestablishing your collection :-D

Back