What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IM BACK AFTER .... forever

Hey all,
Long time no see. 9 months ago i got out of growing neps because of moving and just new interests and friends, and now i want to get back into it as a side hobby. I live in colorado and in the summer the temperature is great for neps, its the humidity and the winters that i am afraid of. Should I grow in a terrarium... a small green house? if so is the soil still best with 90%sphagnum and 10% of basalt or watever those small white poris rocks are? any growing tips or terrarium ideas are greatly apreciated...

p.s. I can also build about anything for these ... so ya ummm
i guess im glad to be back

contact JerrimiahHarris. he lives in colorado and has one of the most fantastice CP collections around..... and hes only 18(or 19?)!!!!!!!! he has a huge greenhouse.
Alex

lol his green house isnt huge, hes got two small ones that are organized with lots in them. definatly get ahold of Jeremiah or neps, both are in Colorado and i believe neps also has a greenhouse.................cant remember for sure now

i have been to jerramiahs before and that was a while ago idk how to get a hold of him anymore hes never online. can anyone just gimme help on here

never online? i see him on most everyday. he doesnt post much but he is here. i dont have a greenhouse set up so i cant really help yah. your best bet really is to get ahold of someone fairly local that has one set up so they can tell yah what works. a peron with a greenhouse in AZ has very different problems from someone with one in New York. im growing all of mine in out basement. most of the cost with a greenhouse is heating cooling and humidifying whhich is why i dont have one. i can easily afford the greenhouse but to keep it up and running with back up generators for when lightning kills the power in 100 degee heat or snow pulls down lines when its 20 below. makes more sence to me to grow my few in the basement under lights. after one of the girls is out of highschool though we plan on adding a sun room to the back of the house, at that point i might add a small built in green house to house hardier species and hybrids but i have a feeling anything very delicate will prolly always reside in my basement.

Back