What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a christian now

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
Thank you VERY much but I'm still gonna have to disagree with the homosexuality bit. If it's so sinful then why have I ALWAYS liked men, even before I hit puberty I was looking at men and not women. What's wrong with love? I'm happy to be this way, and it took a long time to reach that conclusion.

I'm getting all teary-eyed lol.

Don't focus on the homosexuality issue, Clint. SOO many things are a sin, that to choose one over another is the human thing to do. It isn't right, but most think it is. Like the abortion issue. These folks, just like the ones screaming about homosexuals, think God needs their help. Wow! What would God do without our help? I burst out laughing everytime one says they are helping God! It IS in fact, the other way around. He is helping us, when asked. Otherwise, he does not interfere. Those who do abortions will find out all about it when they finally stand in His presence. Whether it was right or wrong--NOT my call. I do not live their lives, only my own. What is OK to me, may not be OK to them. But tolerance is what is needed here. Not beating you to death with Bible verses, and anger. I accept all for who they are. If it is too much for me, I stay away from those that I wonder about. However, there are many ways to get peoples minds diverted and not listen to God on things. Remember, Clint, only 2 commandments. Remember them, and keep on moving. Let those who judge, be judged, and you live in peace and love. Keep yourself away from arguing about being gay with the ones who THINK they know the mind of God. They are dangerous and take the grace of God, and turn it into Law. "Nuff said!!!

Last edited:

You are welcome, my friend!

It's like that old Dawson's Creek episode where Grams says to leave the judgement up to those with more qualifications (implying god).

Dawson's Creek... lol.

xvart.

Yep, didn't think you'd ever hear me say that did ya?

I had a little mental crisis and now I'm a secular christian. Christ-Follower is a better word. I'd still gay and proud of of, still support all my old political views, still dislike mainstream christianity, still like drugs but now i believe in God.

Hehe, weird, huh? Feels surreal but I'm not making a big dealio about it. Figured I'd tell ya. What changed my mind was that all that BS happened thousands of years ago and I'm not gonna worry about it. Bugsy helped me out a lot on that.

Maybe some of you will think I've got my own perverted version of christianity going, and if you do, that's ok. lol. I'm doing what works for me.

I know that the gay issue gets a lot of press these days, particularly at the very conservative end of the spectrum. What doesn't get a lot of attention is that hetero behavior (thoughts & actions). One need not look any further than the Bible for examples of how hetero-ness got people of faith in trouble: King David & Bathsheba, Samson & Delilah, to name a couple. I'm sure that most hetero Christians have a daily battle within!

God deals with us as individuals, with our own respective issues.

Good posts Bug. You are absolutely right. A lot of "Christians" will be quick to judge. Not all mind you. When if they were following what they say they believe in then they would know that only God can do the judging. Any who. I believe what I believe and will support my friends in any road they choose to take. It is just not for me at this point in my life.

Clint rock on dude! Sex, drugs and rock and role!!!

WOO HOO communal wine for everyone!!!

But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is a sexual sinner, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God shall judge. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person." 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." 2nd Timothy 2:19

Everyone abiding in Him is not sinning; everyone sinning has not seen Him, nor has come to know Him. 1 John 3:6

If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 1 John 5:16

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 1 Corinthians 2:15

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6

My wife grew up in a home whereby her mom was / is a Christian and her dad was not. Seemed he had too much of the Lutheran catechism as a kid. Anyways, about 30 years ago he was opening up / receptive to things and was just about to join the church (Wesleyan) that they were all attending. And then one sharp-tongued and tactless individual commented about the smoking habit he had and that changed everything. Fast forward a few decades and just before he died, he made a profession of faith. While that was a good thing, that was 3 decades of a bitter taste in his mouth... and all from one judgemental comment. A little judging goes a long way!

When one becomes a Christian, one definitely doesn't automaticallly have their act together. God reveals things He wants to change a little at a time, usually from the outward and obvious and then to the inward and subtle. And it's a lifelong experience of molding and shaping, depending upon one's willingness.

I like it when people have original thoughts, not just spew out quotes from the bible.

I don't think I don't have my act (for lack of a better word ) together. Wait... what? Lol, I think that might be a double negative but you know what I mean.

God I feel like everyone's wanting to change me now into something I'm not and it's repelling. Now's the part where someone comes along and says "Oh we dont, GOD want's to help you change and be a better person and yatta yatta yatta"

OMG--I just discovered that Billy Joel is God. From 'Just the way you are'

I said I love you, and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are.

That happens to be one most disliked songs of all time! That and Honesty and She's Always A Woman To Me. They just don't rock! Liked him much better with, Still Rock And Roll To Me and You May Be Right.

Billy Joel is well represented in my list of most disliked songs of all time too. Billy Joel seems to be proof that evolution doesn't work. Hmmm . . . but he's also proof that there couldn't have been a divine creation. Looks like the Navajo creation myth had it right all along, with Billy Joel being something the coyote dragged in.

I like it when people have original thoughts, not just spew out quotes from the bible.

God I feel like everyone's wanting to change me now into something I'm not and it's repelling. Now's the part where someone comes along and says "Oh we dont, GOD want's to help you change and be a better person and yatta yatta yatta"

Nobody is wanting you to change into something you're not. Even if you did change it would not be us you please but God.

What is wrong with scripture from the Bible? They are truths from God given to us.

Jimscott? Bruce?? Thou hast committed the unforgiveable sin. Billy Joel Blasphemy! The only thing worse than those songs is Christie Brinkley trying to dance in the 'Uptown Girl' video.

JLAP, walk your walk, commune with God. As you learn, and love, the changes come on their own, and they are the changes that God brings. I have also had my fill of bible quoting folks who cannot live up to it any better than you or I do. It is a long road, and a rewarding one, but always think about the love you need to live, and God will fill your heart. You learn at your own pace, and you don't need any bible verses except the ones you decide to read.

So you believe in Jesus and everything but aint going to change your life and you think you're going to heaven? Read the 1st and 2nd chapters of James.

But Christianity allows the option of doing any number of horrible things to others and then saying "sorry" and then going to Heaven. I really don't understand it or know anything about the fine print, but why can't that apply to JLAP too? At least he hasn't hurt anyone.

But Christianity allows the option of doing any number of horrible things to others and then saying "sorry" and then going to Heaven.

No it doesnt. It is called blaspheming the holy ghost. When you sin so much you dont even know the truth you dont want to change. Just by saying you believe in Jesus doesnt give you a get into heaven free card. The result of sin is death. Like I said read the 1st and 2nd chapters of James.

Another "lawmaker". Turning the grace of God into law, and getting right back where we came from. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and read the 2 commandments Jesus left us. Then, go out and practice your law based Christianity. No freedom in that, and not a lot of love either. I know the bible front and back, and I will never return to the "you gotta do it this way" Christianity again. What are the fruits of the spirit, Reg????

Another "lawmaker". Turning the grace of God into law, and getting right back where we came from. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and read the 2 commandments Jesus left us. Then, go out and practice your law based Christianity. No freedom in that, and not a lot of love either. I know the bible front and back, and I will never return to the "you gotta do it this way" Christianity again. What are the fruits of the spirit, Reg????

Which brings us back to this, as always... you believe what you choose to believe (or what someone chooses for you). That's exactly what this is all about, beliefs.

Back