What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had the chance to make any nepenthes cross?

• Thread starter Gregbey
  • Start date
If you had the chance to cross breed any two (or more) nepenthes species what would they be? I feel like this could be a fun discussion. Mine would be an inermis x lowii...

There are several crosses I'd like to see made, but I think I'll go with N. rajah x argentii. I'd love to see how it works out size wise, and the traits of argentii should compliment the traits of rajah.

Most crosses I'd like to make have already been made, I just can't afford to get ahold of them: hamata x villosa, lowii x jacquelineae, veitchii x jacquelineae, robcantleyi x rajah...
One that I haven't seen yet though: rajah x attenboroughii (or palawanensis).

Most crosses I'd like to make have already been made, I just can't afford to get ahold of them: hamata x villosa, lowii x jacquelineae, veitchii x jacquelineae, robcantleyi x rajah...
One that I haven't seen yet though: rajah x attenboroughii (or palawanensis).
rajah x attenboroughii would be quite spectacular!

Id actually like to see a hamata x lowii crossed with a lowii idk how that works but i feel like the outcome would be interesting?

I'm not sure if it's possible but Nepenthes x ventrata x lamii sounds interesting and fun, so I guess a half hybrid ?
I'm kind of new to Nepenthes as in I read about them and seen them in a few collections but about to get my first one.
Another idea is Nepenthes spathulata x lamii (or x ventrata)

Id actually like to see a hamata x lowii crossed with a lowii idk how that works but i feel like the outcome would be interesting?
I think it would look great too! It's an interesting, both plants look amazing on their own and by reading their characterics/care I think it would be one very viable/vigorous hybrid too!

Its kind of a complex hybrid but id like to see a nepenthes edwardsiana x villosa x hamata x diabolica. Get all the toothiest species into one. Would be interesting to see what would come out on top for attributes

I just got a rajah x veitchii and it was a plant i was gonna list and decided to look it up and it is assimilating rn. Its said to be fine in intermediate conditions so we will see..

Its kind of a complex hybrid but id like to see a nepenthes edwardsiana x villosa x hamata x diabolica. Get all the toothiest species into one. Would be interesting to see what would come out on top for attributes
Given how closely related N. edwardsiana and N. villosa and N. hamata and N. diabolica are, I'd imagine the end result wouldn't be too dissimilar to the N. hamata x edwardsiana from AW. Maybe a bit squatter and hairier.

Mirabilis var. echinostoma x Lowii, Sumatrana, or Villosa. It would be interesting to see teeth form from alien/urchin-like fingers. Side note: if you know where an echinostoma can be bought please let me know *at a reasonable price of course.

Edit: I’d also like to see Macrophylla x Villosa or the reverse; I have a feeling it would look eerily similar to Edwarsiana.

Last edited:
N. bicalcarata x N. aristolochioides. Think it would look kind of cool if one could get the hunched form of arist with bical's fangs. Could name the cross "Dracula". heh

Reinwardtiana red x glabrata
Reinwardtiana red x nepenthes graciliflora
Nepenthes khasiana x truncata pasian HL

Back