What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Thought the Water was Evaporating....

Being that these two plastic pots are sitting in a pie plate of water, I thought the water level went down faster due to more surface area exposed to air. Then I found the real reason.

IMG_3550.JPG

So cute. He has a bum left eye. I found soil dug up a little in my planter twice now. Also saw him digging in my mom's planter that has an orange tree in it. But he hasn't harmed any plants yet. Poor little guy was thirsty.

awwww! hehe that's so cute! That's good that your letting him/her drink. :) Thanks for posting.

I'd give him a water dish for himself, just in case...

Well, either a squirrel or a chipmunk got mad at me for not putting out peanuts, I guess....

I found this on my deck today, next to one of the plants.

Photo%20607.jpg

Photo%20608.jpg

Photo%20609.jpg

I guess I should open it up for science. It was digesting when it was chewed off.

UPDATE: Just opened 'er up. Was a nice, juicy fly getting eaten. Heck.

These critters are getting less cute very fast. My nep was finally putting out its first pitcher under my care, and I saw half of the pitcher lying in its flower pot today. Startin' to honk me off. I guess I'd better stop putting peanuts out for them so they won't come around anymore. Unless they'd just eat all my plants then.

Back