What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got bit by a spider, would like info

I'd pay a few bucks for this spider. It may not look like much with the naked eye, but when you stop and look carefully, it's a beautiful spider.

2989573241_50e97f090f_z.jpg

yeah but you can find them in your backyard....

I got bit in the joint of my big toe once. Caused a horrible inflamation process that I had to go to the immediate care for. They tested me for gout because the pain was so bad. I couldn't even sleep with a sheet on my toe it was so sensitive. I was taking 800 of motrin every 6 hours AND 1000 mgs of tylenol every 4 hours. It was excruciating. Turned out to be a spider bite. They game me steroids to take and that cleared it up within a day.

I've been bitten by those many a time, and nothing came of it. You'll be fine.

PS Larry that shot is amazing. Wish Nikon had a lense that could pull that off.

Last edited:
lol sorry......you wouldnt believe the number of ppl that take that crap serious.....never know if someone is kidding or just harassing someone :D

No sweat, just don't take anything I say too seriously... cause I sure don't!

Now heard about the lady at the chinese restaurant that brought her food back cause it was too cold? heh heh
That one works best when you tell people it's the local place...

Hope you're feeling better today and healing up nicely Zero.

You can thank your lucky stars that you weren't bitten by a bullet ant or a tarantula hawk though.

Those two critters are considered to give the most painful bites or stings, with the common honey bee being only in the middle of the pain scale.

Just thought I'd add onto my post from above because I found this kinda humorous.

Desert field biologist, Justin Schmidt, came up with his own scale for painful insect bites/stings.

It seems that the guy is so dedicated to science, that he willingly submits himself to insect venom, by letting unknown insects bite/sting him. Then he rates the pain that he received.

He said that if a honey bee sting is likened to being gently prodded by a finger on your arm, then a bullet ant bite is like being punched violently in the arm by a closed fist.

About the pain involved from the bullet ant, Justin had this to say, "pure, intense, brilliant pain. Like fire-walking over flaming charcoal with a three-inch rusty nail in your heel." And supposedly the pain from that lasts a full 24 hours.

And of the tarantula hawk's venom he adds, "blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair dryer has been dropped into your bubble bath."

If you say so Justin, I'll just have to take your word for it. Some guys really do like their work.

dvg

Hey Larry, speak of the devil..

Today at work I ran across this fella. I've never seen one in this color scheme so it caught my eye. I couldn't find a way to get it home or I would've shipped it to you! pics from my phone

jumper1.jpg

jumper2.jpg

Fantastic looking jumper!

Back