What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have got to have one.

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
No matter how much you dislike snakes, you have to admitt that these are cute.

ig39_Alibino_Cobra_snake_02.jpg

HOLY POOP! I already want one! gimme gimme!

Did you not see my Piranha thread?

they are so cute! what kind are they? i'm green with envy!
smile_m_32.gif

Mexican dwarf cobras from southern Sri Lanka

mexican....sri lanka?? what the heck!@? they are cute....proply the cutest reptile ive ever seen. i agree with you 0zzy!
Alex

lol

You don't want enough southpark.

"It's the mexican staring frog from southern sri-lanka! Woooo... scarrryyy guys!"

I'd advise against it, not just because they're hot, but because apparently albino cobras are showing serious signs of inbreeding depression. Many have asymmetric hoods, most are blind, and you cane bet they'll have reduced life expectancy.

Mokele

asymetric hoods...i see that on the right one!! hmmm.
JLAP: no i dont watch south park...im more of a family guy kinda person!
Alex

Mokele, want and thinking of buying one are two different things. There are a lot of venomous snake I would love to have, but I like breathing way more then I want a venomous snake. I catch them in the wild, take pics but having one living in my house is a different story. One day when I have to correct setup for a hot snake I may reconcider, but as of now it's not even a consideration.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mexican dwarf cobras from southern Sri Lanka
Aaaaha!  Would someone explain that to me.  Is it April yet??

He was talking about an epoisode of the tv show South Park. They had a mexican staring frog that was from sri lanka. Everybody is so jumping about April and I have no idea why. Is there something hapening then that I don't know about?
confused.gif

biggrin.gif

beautiful snakes, its to bad about the whole inbreeding thing...

They look real to me...

Exquisite rare miniatures.

Hans: They're real, I know someone with an adult (a rescued animal, which is where I heard about the problems these animals are having due to inbreeding). It's just a regular albino, something that crops up in lots of animals.

Mokele

they are baby albino monacled cobras................quite common but like Mokele said generally quite inbred though some breeders do out cross them fairly often. beautiful snnakes but ill take an osage copperhead or gabbon viper anyday as far as looks

Hey Rattler,

You seen an albino copperhead yet? You want looks!!

They are cute. But they look like something that wouldn't live long.

Are baby cobras as venomous as an adult?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Are baby cobras as venomous as an adult?

Gram-for-gram, as deadly or moreso. Obviously as babies, they produce smaller amounts and can't inject it as effectively due to smaller fangs. However, in many venomous snake species, the babies actually have more potent venom precisely to make up for this. Not that cobra venom isn't potent enough.

Venom is highly variable. It can vary between evolutionary lineages, species, populations, regions, family lines, siblings, even with an animal's age (as above, plus some species who have different prey when older shift their venom accordingly).

Mokele

Back