What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a few questions about moss

I have a few questions about moss?

My other concern is that certain mosses are poisonous to CP's, especially when they break down. They contain too many nutrients and kill the plants. I could be wrong about your type, as I am no moss expert by far, but want to give you a heads up so you may look into it further and not see your nice collection dwindle

here is a link.
http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126510

In my experience, the moss is more of a symptom than a cause..the moss shows up when there are nutrients in the soil or the soil starts to decay, not the other way around.

so do you think I should take the moss out from on top of the pots?

I would take it out because eventually it might get slimy and gross.... and its bad for seeds/seedlings.

so do you think I should take the moss out from on top of the pots?

Well..if you are the one that put the moss there in the first place, no, you can leave it.

The main worry is peat based soils that start growing a carpet of moss on their own....that usually means that the soil has too many nutrients or is starting to break down.

Back