What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am sooo ready for spring!

• Thread starter DJ57
  • Start date

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
Woke up to snow again this morning here in Forest Grove, Oregon.

33289938975_9bed2a58c3_z.jpg
[/url]March 2017 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]

33289937885_b7f33f6d7f_z.jpg
[/url]March of 2017 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]

33289936475_7524cd9fc2_z.jpg
[/url]March, 2017 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]

I got snow overnight too, but not quite as much as you. It was snowing for an hour or so this morning as well.

We've had a rather wimpy winter in much of my state this year.

All of this year's winter hit the west coast, it seems. I've never seen so many storms or anywhere near this much snow in one year in my entire life.

It's been crazy warm here. I never even had to bring any of my plants inside. Oh and my lowlanders kept growing all winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Omg really though! The this is my first winter in the pnw and it will not end!

Actually, when I moved here some 40 years ago this would have been pretty typical winter weather and even more snowfall days, and we got much more rain in summer also. Winters have warmed significantly since then and summers have gotten warmer and drier, with the last 3 or 4 winters being especially unusually warm. I can remember a couple times having snow on the ground for a day or two at the end of April/beginning of May years ago. I wonder if we are going to shift back into that kind of pattern?

Back