What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrid Nepenthes seedling giveaway.

Prompted once again by the generosity of some members of the CP community, I have decided to do another giveaway; two hybrid Nepenthes seedlings, approximately 2.5 years old, from crosses I made. I will pay for shipping myself, so this is a total freebie. How to qualify?

1) Post in this thread a reciprocal offer you can extend to TF membership. Please make an effort to offer something beyond the standard D. capensis seeds and the like. (Nothing wrong with D. capensis, of course, but try to offer something that isn't given away almost weekly. It doesn't have to be a CP even.) Whatever you offer, it must be available to give away NOW, not weeks or months from now.

2) If you have received anything from me in a previous giveaway, then please don't sign up for this one -- give other people a chance, please.

The first hybrid is a cross of a N. maxima hybrid and a N. fusca hybrid, their exact parentage is unknown. These will likely mature to be slender-pitchered types with greenish bodies with red/brown markings, and dark peristomes. They will be easy plants to grow, tolerant of a range of conditions, and quite attractive.

I will select one of the seedlings from this group:
20140521-160700-58020768.jpg

20140521-215924.jpg

The second seedling will be selected from a cross of N. ventricosa X (thorellii X aristolochoides). These will likely be more colorful - in the red range - and will also be very easy to grow. This is what they look like:

20140521-160503-57903989.jpg

20140521-160503-57903021.jpg

Both of these crosses will be suitable for highland/intermediate growing conditions, but probably not suitable for true lowland growing.

I will select a winner as soon as I see an offer I feel qualifies for this giveaway. I suspect this doesn't need saying, but this offer is for US residents only. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
Great giveaway. Wish I could enter but I dont have anything available to "share the wealth" I would pay for bothe of them though.

I have a lot of spares, but they aren't to shipping size quite yet, maybe in a month. I have at least 20 plants I could give away at that time, nothing particularly rare, but reasonably desirable.
Can I enter? And if I were to win would I pay shipping?

The plants I can offer are drosera Marston Dragon, but just in case I got burned I want to wait until I can positively identify them (they are very small). They show some coloration already though, and that is a plus, I love the red drosera.

Last edited:
I have a lot of spares, but they aren't to shipping size quite yet, maybe in a month. I have at least 20 plants I could give away at that time, nothing particularly rare, but reasonably desirable.
Can I enter? And if I were to win would I pay shipping?

The plants I can offer are drosera Marston Dragon, but just in case I got burned I want to wait until I can positively identify them (they are very small). They show some coloration already though, and that is a plus, I love the red drosera.

Sorry, I should have stated this in the original post, but if you want to qualify for this offer, you have to have something to offer that is available immediately, not at some uncertain future time. And yes, since I am paying shipping on my offer - no cost to the recipient whatsoever - I would prefer to see the reciprocating donor do likewise.

Last edited:
Great giveaway. Wish I could enter but I dont have anything available to "share the wealth" I would pay for bothe of them though.

These aren't for sale. My offer is specially designed to foster more participation in "pay-it-forward" exchanges in the community. I have no interest in profiting from this offer.

I'll give it a shot!

I can offer: a generous portion of u. calycifida "Asenath Waite," two small (1/2") d. graomogolensis, or a small division of lecanopteris sinuosa.

those N. ventricosa X (thorellii X aristolochoides) look sexy. better que up people!!

I'll give it a shot!

I can offer: a generous portion of u. calycifida "Asenath Waite," two small (1/2") d. graomogolensis, or a small division of lecanopteris sinuosa.

Please PM me with your mailing info! If you get back to me quickly, I will mail these this morning. Congrats!

Huzzah! Thanks for the generous offer! PM sent.

Huzzah! Thanks for the generous offer! PM sent.

Acknowledged, Chris. I will contact you with USPS tracking info when its been shipped. Thank you for your donation to the "pay-it-forward" movement!

Too bad, I have a couple of sarracenia and typical VFT colonies, but nothing really uncommon in any way that I can give away right now. Certainly not anything in significant numbers.

Last edited:
Well it turns out I actually am going to have a giveaway of my young plants next week, though I can't guarantee they are in fact drosera Marston Dragon since they are so young and were and eBay buy.

Sarah, the offer concluded this morning. Perhaps next time.

Oh well, still going to have a giveaway soon though.

Back