What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how

how do i make my terrarium look like the forest floor? i don't want to see the pots and only want to see the plants what do i do

What plants are you planning on growing? I suppose if you really want to do this it's as easy as planting the plant in soil in the terrarium. If you want it to look like a forest floor, drop some common Utricularia and let it spread.

xvart.

okay i just don't want to see the pots. I am growing neps dews pings utrics, etc. don't want to cover up the small plants

Putting all those in the same terrarium as a "landscape" isn't necessarily a good idea, unless you are extremely careful in your soil placement and elevations - that being that the plants you mention all have different soil composition preferences and watering needs. Even then, it could be easier to put potted plants in a soil and cover the pots with moss or something, but you still have to worry about water levels.

xvart.

also the neps will grow out of it in only a few months.

never mind then will stick to pots also they are already in pots

Back