What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I survive the winter

I haven't posted on terraforums for a few months, so I thought I'd swing by. This is how an illustrator occupies himself when his plants are sulking through the winter. It's Micron pen on paper, and It's taking me forever. Now that I've posted it somewhere it might motivate me to finish it in a timely manner. Whuddya think?

12679948704_69ae1bfdc3_c.jpg

Every time I do an ink drawing like that using stippling or cross-hatching, halfway through I think, "Why did I do this to myself?" I see you're at a similar point. Is it going to remain a straight drawing or were you going to do a wash over it? Watercolor would look amazing. I'll probably never fully get the hang of watercolor. I don't know that I ever chose colored pencils as my medium of choice, but they definitely chose me.

Looking good! Yes, please do finish it! :D

That's coming along nicely! I'd love to see the finished piece.

Very nice! Pen drawings are one of my favorites to look at and draw. Good stress reliever IMO :)

I actually like the unfinished look it has. I think carbontec has a good idea with the water colors too.
Keep us updated on the final product. I myself started one (pencil drawing) a few months ago but stopped as well. This is good motivation to start mine back up again.

Back