What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does SuperThrive work?

I wouldn't risk it with a ceph. It'll grow just fine without it.

I agree. Heck, I remember killing many of my plants with a fertilizer. I don't want the same thing to happen with an expensive and rare plant like a Cephalotus.

I use it and I swear by it. I just put one drop in my spray bottle, even though it says one drop per gallon. I'm always afraid I'm overusing it because my one drop is going into less than a gallon. Anyway, I spray it once a week and I see tremendous growth in my plants because of it. Before I was using it I didn't see nearly the growth of leaves and pitchers like I do now. I used it on my BE shipment when they came in and I haven't lost any plants, and they have more than doubled in size since they arrived. For me, it is a must.

superthrive is supposed to be ULTREA MEGA CONCENTRATED. the bottle says to use 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) per gallon. so like a drop per half gallon. it also says to use it in conjunction with fertilizers cuz it itself is not fertilizer just more of a catalyst. i bought it cuz peter speaks so highly of it. pete says he mostly uses it to soak roots in a solution for a few minutes when transplanting. further instructions on the bottle. so far ive used it for luck in my fertilizer water. i had a couple plants come in the mail all beat up and watered with some thrive and they'r alive today soooo.

I used it religiously for about 6 months, at 2 drops per gallon per monthly feed with another fertilizer for my houseplants, and none(fert) for my cp's. What can I say, is it the ferts I used that gave the plants a boost, I assume so. Was it S/T that gave them the extra boost, I think not, as it's been over a year since I stopped adding S/T to my fert solution, and the plants behave the same way they did when I gave them the combo of the two. I don't use it when transplanting, as it makes a time consuming job even more so, which might stress the plant more than necessary, or not... (my heli is having transplant issues, if it brings it back from almost certain death, i'll keep you guys posted, if it's not already too late...)

Pros: i learned a lesson in sales pitches
Cons: i learned my lesson in sales pitches

And come on, like RL said, just the label is enough to make you say, I've been had...

Now, what's trichoderma?

Indigo: too much of anything is a bad thing (but i can think of a couple exceptions)

Back