What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does one get married in Las Vegas?

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
A friend of mine was so intrigued by the idea of getting married in Las Vegas. Her fiance and her are both Singaporeans.

Questions:
1. Is there a specific department to go to?
2. Any charges for getting registered?
3. Any nice restaurant nearby for a romantic dinner after that?

Thanks!

One thing to say here:

TACKY

smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif

It doesn't have to be tacky. If you're willing to spend the money you can rent some beautiful places for your wedding. I would first contact some of the hotels as many have banquet halls and often have a lot of experience helping visitors put together a wedding. One of my co-workers got married at (I think) the Mandalay Bay and said it was awesome.

Or you could drive around looking for a good 'drive-thru', in which case I'd agree with Alvin. ;)

Well, I guess maybe not being a U.S. citizen would be an issue.  But I'm sure that everything under the sun has happened in Las Vegas.  Maybe try to find some websites with LV info?  A friend of mine's sister got married there.

I think you can make it what you want...tacky to fantastic.  Las Vega is a crazy town.

What happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas.
smile_l_32.gif

Here are the rules, including international:

http://www.insidervlv.com/marriage.html

Yeah, I agree. Doesn't have to be tacky. I bet most natives don't have Elvis as a witness!

Funny thing- in Vegas, I read they're getting rid of the whole overnight marriage thing. They wont issue marriage licenses allowing establishments to marry you between certain hours (ie late at night and very early morning.) Found it a bit amusing...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] 6. Adults 18 and older do not need consent, proof of age is required

7. Persons 16-17 years old must have either parent present at the time license is issued or a notarized affidavit

8. Persons under age 16 must have either parent consent and authorization from Nevada District Court
who the heck would even get married before 16!?!
Alex

well when they are "in love

i can't tell you how many of my chick friends were in love and were going to spend the rest of their lives together, then a month later they split and start talking trash....

my parents auctually knew each other since they were kids in elementary, how cool!

Bump! Thanks, everyone.

Now, how would a divorce be like in LA? My friend has panicked upon reading these posts and asked what happens if she gets divorced in Singapore.
laugh.gif

Back