What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get good cp pics?

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
I am learning to take pics with my new digi camera, and would like some tips.
My camera has LOTS of manual settings similer to a SLR camera
and I would like to know what some of you use for settings, like shutter speed, ISO, etc.
I like the pics with the black backgrounds,
what do you use for the background?
also, what kind of lighting is best for close up plant pics?
THANKS,
Adam

I don't know if I can help you with settings and such since I'm still experimenting with my own new camera, but for a black background I've had good results with black velvet. Its a very rich black and doesn't have much reflection although if you shoot out in sunlight, you have to be careful how the sun hits the velvet or it'll look a little brown.

Enjoy your new camera. Its a lot of fun taking plant pics.
smile.gif

black back drop 2 good lighting source positioned where as the black drop doesnt look grey.

the drop can be a number of things, A black T shirt, a Large peice of art cardboard, ive even heard of some one using a cooking pan (black of course) as a back drop...

The lights should be positioned to light up the plant (im sure you will know it once you try it) Just experiment what you think is best, it is an art form to.

If you have macro be sure to use this setting to get every hair on youre Nep or Every Possible Glisten in youre sundew, or those 6 trigger hairs in youre VFT! And have fun with it!

Cheers

A tripod is also a very good idea for taking the high detail macro shots.

yea i forgot to mention that. even a single pod, unipod?? (
laugh.gif
lol) Would do good

Cheers!

Back