What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holiday Volunteering!

Hi Folks:

It looks like we have a Holiday Volunteer week emerging Dec. 17-23 with tasks splitting between horticultural work in the greenhouse (sowing seed and repotting seedlings, tending Nepenthes) and restoration field work on the Central Virginia Preserve (burning brush in fire barrels, cooking over open fire, cutting down invasive hardwoods, hauling wood). This should be an especially festive volunteer time because of the holidays and I look forward to all the good cheer. Please let me know if you are interested in volunteering!

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station
804-633-4336
meadowview@pitcherplant.org

I'd come help out in a heartbeat, if only there wasn't such a distance between us :-(

Would love to learn a few nepenthes tricks and help out but I'm just like Whimgrinder, except farther away :-(

Hi Lance and Whimgrinder:

If you can cover the plane ticket we can pick you up (if you fly into Richmond, VA) and feed you. We call this the eco-vacation.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan
Meadowview

I'll definitely be there. I could help you guys out as well since I live 20 minutes away.

Back