What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiyooo to heterosis . . .

• Thread starter BigBella
  • Start date
As much as I dislike the lion's share of Nepenthes horticultural hybrids, most of which suck a**e, this one -- one of our three vigorous clones -- shows some promise, since I have already seen some representative plants auf Deutschland.

These single crosses were all done domestically, last year, which is quite exciting. It is nice to see us finally creeping up on Europa, in terms of some tissue cultured Nepenthes and Heliamphora. It is far overdue; and screw that VAT . . .

Nepenthes hamata x edwardsiana 11 October

Attachments

• HxE.jpg
    HxE.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
In answer to some recent queries, the vial that was shown above, was a sub-culture -- a multiplied division -- of the original 2017 culture; and, is actually only a few months old. A code on the lid -- not shown -- registers its actual age . . .

Is this one you did yourself?

Very nice. And I agree, it is encouraging to think that we might catch up to Europe in this regard.

Back