What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Adelaide, Australia

• Thread starter Janjan
  • Start date
I hope I'm posting this correctly and to the right place, lol. A big Hello to all the CP lovers here! I've always been interested in CP's since infancy, but never really had a suitable house until we built. I suddenly realised that I could make a little bog garden outside - never mind we have little to no humidity . So I made a bog garden in a big pot outside for sarracenia and flytraps... I need to add drosera, but honestly it's hard to get things here, everything sells out in moments or has crippling shipping. So then I realised that my humidifier and temps for the indoor plants was suitable for some nepenthes and acquired a ventricosa and also a small dose of 'the bug'. What started out as gnat control has become a 'thing' and much to my husband's disgust (he doesn't like them, which I find is unusual for a man), I have acquired a couple more. My latest is an N. sanginea, which I have named "Admiral Ackbar" and if you know why, "hail fellow, well met!" I have a gentlemen who brings me distilled water to refill my 100 litre supply whenever necessary - a lot more often in the summer. We have negligible rain for 9 months of the year. I have to keep my sarracenias protected from the worst of the UV and dry winds - otherwise they shrivel up so fast! The various flytraps seem to weather better - being much closer to the humidity source. I wish you all a lovely day and many new CPs to love.

Good to have you here. Welcome. I love to hear the story of how "you two met" -that's you and your CP obsession. 😄

Back