What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

• Thread starter VenusNewby
  • Start date
I just got my Venus Fly Trap about a week ago and the information I got said they will start acting normal after about a week from being repotted. I’m not sure if they look ok or not. A little moth flew in there this morning and it didn’t do anything. Is there anything I can do to help them?C4D663ED-EAB7-4A2E-B8A9-9F3256237C5B.jpg

Suppliers instructions range from very poor to excellent so you might want to look here: https://www.carnivorousplants.org/grow/guides/Dionaea Basically, flytraps need lots of pure water, bright light and acidic and low-nitrogen soil (generally a peat moss mix.) Your photo looks o.k. to me though the plant looks like it could use more light. They tend to like full sun or the equivalent in artificial lighting. 'Hope this helps.

Right now I have it on my porch. So if I move it in direct sunlight that would help?

Yes, but you will want to be gradual so the plant can adapt to the brighter light. Plants moved quickly from dim to bright light often suffer burning of the their leaves.

Back