What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

Hi i have a nepenthes veitchii x platcyla SP???? that i got about half a year ago and it has always had green leaves it started to grow a little and the produced one really small deformed leaf and hasn't been producing leaves since( that was about 5 months ago) and now some of the leaves are turning yellow. it is growing in a grow case with other nepenthes and a heli which are all growing fine the temps are at max 78 and at low 62. The humidity is never below 50% and at night it is 100%. I can't post pics because i don't know how(not good with computers and i'm leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Have you checked for pests? It could be mites, fungus gnats, or a number of other things that mess with new growth.
All of your conditions are fine, so definitely break out the magnifying glass and check out the growth points and media if you haven't already done so.

Also, I recommend isolating the plant until you figure out the problem. You don't want to risk infecting the rest of your collection.

good luck!

Pics would help. I have couple too. They are growing as lowlanders without any issue.

I looked at the plant it doesn't seem to have any bugs or anything else on it and also the leaf the that was going to come out is half dead so could that be stopping it from forming any new leaves

You might have been watering it too much. I know veitchii likes to dry out a little more than regular Nepenthes before being watered. The same goes, with varying degrees, for veitchii hybrids as well.

Back