What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help

something is attacking my vft
and now A LOT of the traps are dying
what should i do?

That depends on what is doing the attacking. The possibilities range from elephants to bacteria.

haha good one Bob. do you have a picture? what are the conditions it is in? what kind of water are you watering with? have you sprayed a chemical recently? we need way more info than the traps are dying.
Alex

i wish i could show pics but i dont have a camera
the traps look like they got scratchd or something
and the teeth are turning black even the newly formed ones

Where are you growing it?
What are you watering it with?
Did you buy from a shop? If so, is it in the same peat?

im growin it outside
i live n oxnard, ca
its raining today, i dont know y, a couple of days ago it was REALLY HOT.
im watering it w pure water i get from a drinking water store
i bought my flytrap from a green thumb nursery, it was in real good shape
i never repotted it soooo its still n the same 3inch container

Are the leaves gnarled looking? Can you see if there is aphid damage? Is the soil media disturbed, as if a squirrel or a bird was pecking at something?

i have no idea
but the traps lookd like theyve been scratchd
and the leaves look kinda burnd
what worries me is that new traps that havent matured are being scratched also

[b said:
Quote[/b] (geffcardo @ Aug. 04 2006,11:11)]im watering it w pure water i get from a drinking water store
I think you've been asked this before, but are you SURE this water is distilled? a lot of times they'll add things like salt to drinking water to make it taste better. "purified" doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing in it. try looking for bottles of distilled water at a supermarket or drug store...or just collect rain water

Back