What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with stolen instrument

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
The recent myspace thread reminded me of an old thread that I'd put on here about a stolen bass of mine and I wanted to put it out there since there have been a ton of new folks on the forum (do you suppose that this increase in CP growers and the shortage of bees around the world is mere coincidence?).

The bass has been gone for a while, but an instrument like this taken how it was was grabbed by someone that knew what they had and not someone looking to pawn it for some quick drug money. Yes, I check ebay and pawn shows were alerted in the area but it was taken and more than likely kept a low profile. My theory is that SOMEbody on MySpace and/or Facebook has to know something about it (how many bazillions of people are on there?) and it is up to me to try to reach them so I made these profiles for the bass on these sites.

So if you think that you know somebody that may cross paths with musical instruments (shop owners, musicians, repair shop, music school teachers etc), I ask that you please pass on one or both of the links below for them to check out. The instrument was very distinctive up close so it is possible that it may stick out in the mind of somebody that knows something about instruments. I figure that there is no harm in spreading the word as much as I can.

Thanks all

www.myspace.com/thorthedoublebass
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=555295433

That really sucks man.
I've often thought it wasn't a good idea for people to post their address on websites. I don't remember which members it is on Terraforums but I've noticed that some folks here have their addresses in their signatures. It would be OK if you had a PO Box but I remember seeing street addys, that seems risky to me. A PO Box is only $75 a year - plus your plants never gotta sit in a hot / cold mailtruck.

Back