What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help save cp's

Signed and forwarded the link to many a cp-er in the NECPS

signed it too!!

to be honest in america places where wild cps grow is on the decline and they need all the help we can give em
smile.gif

Just keeping this topic updated.

I'll keep it updated.
When I first signed this petition everybody that signed it was from NC. There was 230 signatures. Now there are 348 and about half of them are places other than NC. So far we are doing very good. Keep emailing it to all your contacts and posting it on other forums that you are members of. Maybe we can reach the 5000 mark.
Tamlins comment is so true.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Destroying habitats like this is like striking your own descendents in the face.

I had a lot of people I sent the link to tell me they signed and hopefully they are passing it as well.

I posted it like 6 different forums and e-mailed it to people :p some said they would e-mail other people too

i signed up
wish there was more i can do
Hellz

Decided to bring back an old topic and maybe some new forum inhabitants would like to sign.
smile_n_32.gif

652 signatures, we need ALOT more.

I signed it and sent it to 60 other people who hopefully will do the same.

I signed and passed it on... If there's anything else I can do, let me know.

hey ozzy hows that thing going?

659... come on how many members are there on TF? 2 million??? Start signing people.

Signed, and I'll pass it on to my buddies, girlfriend, and family tonight. Ozzy, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just signed it! I'm posting a link to this on the General forums too since I rarely stopped by here and saw this post by Chance!

We need to protect this area!

Signed and bumped... a worthy cause.

Signed, although I had to make up an address and zip code
smile.gif

Just a quick update on crocodiles in North America.
Actually they have made a good comeback in Florida.  At last count there are approximately 1500 down here.  They are very sensitive to cold and have found a great place to breed...the cooling canals of Turkey Point Nuclear plant South of Miami.  They have been seen as far North as Fort  Lauderdale and inhabit just about all of the Keys.

My only two personal experiences have been...one ate my Godsons dog down on No Name Key and we stumbled upon one sunning himself on Rodriguez Key.  Well over ten feet...he became rather belligerent and three of us set a world record for the hundered yard dash to our boat.

They are common in Coasta Rica and pose a real danger to swimmers.  A fisherman was eaten...yes eaten...by a fifteen footer at the mouth of the Tivives river a few years back.  That was (past tense) a popular surfing spot.  
laugh.gif

Happily signed and passed it on....

I just received this letter, I think you all should read it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi Mark,

Was just looking at the petition site and find it's taking a jump, over 700 this week, and an amazing number of them refer to the carnivorous plants. Please pass our thanks along and thank you for getting the word out.

We're building forces, have found that there are now 6 dump sites trying to locate in NC. It will only take four of them to make us the 4th greatest importer of trash in the nation, just got that from the NC Div of Solid Waste today. The fact that trash has become a statewide problem will help us, I think. We're working on a motorcade to the capital from all the sites to bring public attention to the problem.

We're also working on a brochure and would like to have a listing of organizations supporting us in the brochure. Could you see about getting a letter of support from the International Society?

I heard someone suggesting they do something else with the land instead of making it a dump, maybe make it a state park. I don't know where that will go, but the people who live next to the site have told me it used to be full of fly traps and pitcher plants. Of course, IP has seen that it's been well drained and sprayed; but left alone to detox, they might come back with a little help. Just a thought ~

Thanks again,
Gean

Please sign our Stop the Hugo Neu Landfill Petition at:
www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/155621293

Gean M. Seay
Swamp Watch Action Team
223 Benson Road NE
Leland, NC 28451

Just a note "IP" stands for International Paper

Well what more can I say? You guys stepped up when we needed you. When we stand together we can make a difference. I can't say thank you enough. Please pass this letter on to all the people that you forwarded the the petition to.
Thank you.
smile.gif

Back